G4S PLC is the world’s largest security company and provides a comprehensive range of security services, including Security Consulting Services, Security Guarding, Patrol & Response, Event Security, Transport Security, Risk Audit Services and Security Technology solutions.
G4S are able to tailor a variety of specialist security services to meet your needs. Our security services model is built on our broad range of specialist services, which enables us to manage risk, security and safety for our customers. This combined security solutions offering, under one organizational structure and in tandem with our diverse geographic reach, allows us to provide customers with a unique approach.
G4S – Overview
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group
- specialises in assessing current and future risks and developing secure solutions to minimise their impact
- works across a wide range of geographic markets and business sectors
- is a major provider of risk management and protection to governments and major corporate customers around the world
- is an expert in all aspects of local and international secure logistics
Other facts about G4S
- has operations in over 110 countries
- was formed in 2004 from the merger between Securicor plc and Group 4 Falck A/S’s security business.
- is listed on the London Stock Exchange (stock symbol: GFS) with a secondary listing in Copenhagen.
- is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange, with over 585,000 employees
- turn over from continuing operations for the year from January – December 2008 was £5.94 million which is up by 22% from January – December 2007 which was £4,490.4 million (2006: £3,923.2m).
- PBITA in 2008 £416.4 million up by 23% compared to the same period in 2007 which was up 16.8% to £312.1 million (2006: £267.1)
- Organic Turnover growth of 9.5% in 2008.
G4S PLC manages 212 security service contracts with Embassies and servicing 215 contracts with consulates in more than 110 countries worldwide.
To be recognized as the global leader in providing security solutions
Our security services model is built on our broad range of specialist services, which enables us to manage risk, security and safety for our customers. This combined security solutions offering, under one organizational structure and in tandem with our diverse geographic reach, allows us to provide customers with a unique approach.
G4S Quality Standards
G4S has a market leading position in all sectors of security in many parts of the world offering high quality security solutions to its customers. It has also a long standing commitment to Total Quality Management. Its definition of Quality is in conformance to customer’s requirement.
Because of its commitment’s to achieve highest quality standard in the delivery of service to its clients, G4S is continuous seeking improvement in all security aspects. Quality assurance is independently monitored and results are evaluated in accordance to international standards.
It also hosts various quality improvement initiatives throughout the year where each employee is made aware of the set standards. Mechanisms are implemented to ensure that these quality standards are maintained.
These are reasons why G4S has been the preferred choice among all security service providers in the world. As such, G4S found its security service niche in the international and local markets.
Local solutions by experts in security
G4S provides local security solutions throughout the world via a series of strategically located Regional Offices, supported by our Corporate Head Office, G4S plc in Manor Royal, The Manor Crawley, West Sussex.
To deliver our service we employ the security industry’s best people. We have over 570,000 security officers delivering good service to thousands of customers in the world.
We also have over thousands field based Contract Managers who ensure local service delivery and use innovative systems that are focused on driving performance.
We are therefore a strong company that delivers locally with a service ethos that uses highly trained people and flexible service to protect our customers’ security vulnerabilities.